Monday, December 5, 2011

Not sure what to get that special someone??

I love giving gifts....my pocketbook however....doesn't like it quite as much. I struggle to find inexpensive gifts for those friends who I don't necessarily exchange gifts with but I would like to give them a little something to say "Thanks for being a friend". There is a fine line between inexpensive and cheap junk.....

Lucky for me, I love to craft and bake and cook....and these skills can come in handy at Christmas time - not only for me but for my friends! This weekend coming I'm participating in a cookie exchange - I'll be making these lovely yummies. I can't wait to try them.

For my running friends and some others that I will be seeing during the holidays, I decided to make a "spa" like gift. I love sugar and salt scrubs, especially after I've been out for a long run and I found this recipe to make my own - purchased salt and sugar scrubs can be quite expensive but making them homemade is quick, easy and inexpensive! Kosher salt from the bulk store is very cheap to buy....essential oils are a little pricier but if you consider that you only need about 10 drops of oil per batch - the oils will last you several batches of scrub! The little jars came from the bulk store as well - for 99c apiece, you can't go wrong! I'm sure the dollar store has some cute containers as well! So for under $3 per jar, my friends are going to get to pamper themselves this Christmas!




I'd love to hear about some of the gifts that you're making for the friends on your list this year!! Happy Holidays!

No comments: