Tuesday, November 11, 2008






I have been lucky enough to have the last 2 days off work while the kids are at school which is rare. Yesterday my husband and I took the day to travel to the U.S. to do some cross border shopping. I did get a chance to stop at my favorite store - Hobby Lobby. Somehow I can never get enough!

Today I took some time to reflect on how lucky we all are and to remember those who have and who are currently giving themselves to our country. I attended my childrens' school Remembrance Day ceremony and needless to say, I'm glad I brought my tissue. It was a lovely and touching tribute.


This afternoon, I'm locking myself in my craft room to work on some unfinished projects before the kids get home. My family is hosting my husband's father's side Christmas dinner and I wanted everyone to have a little hand made place card and gift at their plate. I found this template in the Stamping, Stationary and Scrapbooking magazine that I purchased yesterday at Hobby Lobby. It's super easy to make and takes no time at all which is nice since I'll be making 11 of them! I used some of last year's SU DSP as well as the So Many Scallops stamp with the Christmas sentiment. I stamped it in baja breeze and rose red. The ribbon is also SU - white grosgrain.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: