Tuesday, February 24, 2009

New Butterfly

I was lucky enough a few weeks ago to have a weekend with some of my oldest and dearest girl friends. We went to a cottage at a close by lakeside village and enjoyed a lot of conversation and even more food! I am so blessed by the friends and family that I have in my life and am thankful for them every day. These friends I don't get to see often enough - life and some distance get in the way sometimes but we can always pick up right where we left off each time we get together. It's wonderful.

Before I headed to the cottage and because I was uncharacteristically without children or spouse, I took the time before I hit the highway to duck into a local scrapbook store in a neighbouring town called Memories on Main Street.

What an adorable little shop she has here - it looks tiny but it's stuffed with yummy scrapbooking and card making merchandise - and fabulous ideas. I couldn't get enough and had to force myself out the door - but not before I spent some money first. I bought a whole bunch of designer paper and some glittery oversized brads as well as a new stamp to add to my newly growing collection. I don't know the designer of the stamp but it is a long style stamp with 3 butterflies. I used 1 of the butterflies on the birthday card that I made above for one of my coworkers.

I hope the endless winter isn't getting you down. Thank you for stopping by to take a look!

No comments: