Saturday, June 26, 2010

Costa Rica!


This is not a new layout - we went to Costa Rica three years ago now...but it is one of my favorites...for several reasons. I loved Costa Rica - I love how the photo turned out (I got the idea from a travel magazine - we brought our tripod and took the photo ourselves) and the layout just came together beautifully. It's simple - which I love...I"m not really one of those frilly scrapbookers. I mean, I like bling and I love embellishments but some layouts I see online just go way over the top! Though everyone is entitled to their style and opinion....that's just mine :-)

This layout was done with bazzil cardstock (love it!), some flowers (sorry, I don't recall the make) and the lettering was done by tracing some letters I already had but that didn't match onto chip board, cut them out and then glued and cut out again with designer paper. Then, I put some crystal laquer on the letters - for some pop. The rub on swirls are from Stampin' Up. I love rub ons!!!

I'm struggling right now to complete a layout of a friend's daughter - she is so cute sitting in a puddle in her brown snowsuit with pink and blue polka dots and flowers. I asked her to email me the picture because I thought I could easily come up with a layout in no time....but I was wrong! I don't have any mojo right now....I've started that layout 3 times already! I've just ordered a new book by Becky Fleck that is chock full of layouts. I'm hoping once I get it, this layout will come together in a snap! Hopefully, I can post it soon!

I hope you are enjoying the weather - we were supposed to get rain here today but it's held off so far and was a beautiful day! I hope the rest of the weekend is as nice!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: