Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's the most wonderful time.....



Well, parents may not be singing that song but I think the kids are....my kids are anyhow! They don't have many more days until summer vacation! I am actually ahead of the game this year and have already purchased my teacher thank you gifts. Though I am a pretty organized person, this is the one thing I always forget about. Typically, you'll find me shopping for a gift and dropping it off at the school office on the last day! Not this year!
This year, I purchased a BBQ grilling spice set for both kids' teachers....and am also including a jar of my very good friend Rebecca's homemade rhubarb salsa. This is some of the best salsa I've ever tasted and she won't share the recipe.....:-)

I've come up with a cute card to include with the teacher gift as well (holy cow, I am ahead of the game.....). I bought a cute little set from Stampin' Up a little while back with the intention of using it for teacher cards. I heat embossed the apples on the trim of the card. I stamped the "sheet" and cut it out 3 times. I used my cropadile to punch out the holes so it looks like real lined paper. The top sheet is popped up with dimensionals.

It's been a busy few months in our house with little end in sight....but I hope to post a little more often than I have been! I've purchased a new camera (my new baby...lol!) and it takes the best pictures. I will have to take a course to learn how to use the camera to it's capacity but right now I'm having fun playing with it. I hope that once I learn how to take great photos...I'll do more scrapbooking! That's my goal!

Hope your June is going well - happy summer!

1 comment:

rebecca said...

this is a great ensemble...have a good trip...see you when you get back!!!