Tuesday, April 20, 2010

There's Going to be a Wedding!


I think this is officially more posts this year than I did in total last year - it's a record!


This card was a challenge for me - I wanted to include red in the card but didn't want it to look too Valentine's Day....it's for a wedding shower that I'm attending. I originally did the tree trunk in black embossed but thought it looked a little too "Morticia Adams" so I did it again in silver and am now thrilled with the card. I embossed the tree twice - once in black and once in silver. On the black copy, I coloured all the hearts red and then crystal laquered them. Once they dried, I cut them out and either glued or dimensionalled them onto the card for layers. I also added some bling to the tree.....and a little ribbon. The congratulations sentiment was hand cut to match the matting on the main image. The white layer, though you can't see it in the photo is embossed card stock.


I have a baby shower to attend this weekend and will be trying my hand at making a diaper cake...complete with baby sock roses...I'll post photos of the outcome. I'm pretty excited about it - I got a huge roll of fat ribbon (3 colours) at Costco for $4.99 in the clearance bin - I didn't even know Costco had clearance!! This could take my Costco addiction to a whole new level.


Have a great second half to your week - and don't forget to stop by and check out the diaper cake after the weekend!!

No comments: